SIOP Global Health Education and Training Working Group (POINTE) Co-chairs (HIC & LMIC)
Latest: These positions have now been filled, thank your for you interest.
The SIOP Global Health Network (GHN) was established in 1990 as Pediatric Oncology in Developing Countries (PODC) to foster the development of childhood cancer care and improve outcomes in countries with low levels of access and care. The SIOP GH Education and Training Working Group operates under the banner of POINTE, and we have a website (https://cancerpointe.com/), and social media presence:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/CancerPOINTE
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cancerPOINTE/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/cancerpointe/
We are currently deciding the future of the POINTE website and whether it will be discontinued.
We are looking for co-chairs.
At least one co-chair must be from a low – low to middle income country.
These are both 3 year roles.
- Help identify and publicise education and training opportunities for health care professionals treating children with cancer in low-resource settings
- Attend quarterly Business meeting of the SIOP Global Health Network (GHN)
- Work closely with the other co-chair to:
- Lead, direct, plan, and coordinate the work of the group
- Organize and lead working group meetings
- Provide one or more slides for the quarterly SIOP GHN Business meeting
- Provide content for the SIOP newsletter as required, once or twice a year
- Ensure POINTE social media accounts are being used appropriately
- Some knowledge or experience working with or helping health care professionals treating children with cancer in low-resource settings
- Some knowledge of the SIOP Global Health Network
- Interest in education, training and development
- Interest in global health
How to apply
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief explanation of why you are interested in this role, and what relevant experience you have.